🔥 New: 7 Ayurvedic Secrets to Lose Weight & Energize
What is the Metabolomix + Test?
Genova nutritional testing measures 100s of areas in the body that are impacted by poor nutrition. Your results are presented in a personalized report so that your doctor can help create a plan specific to your needs.
Genova’s tests identify subtle imbalances related to many common health issues that can be found before standard labs can detect them.
The test allows insights on how nutrition and the environment are impacting your body. Testing can reveal toxic exposures and measure your body’s ability to neutralize those toxins.
Metabolomix+ is one of the most comprehensive functional and nutritional assessments available. It is designed to help practitioners identify root causes of dysfunction and provide a systems-based approach to help patients overcome chronic conditions and live a healthier life.
The Metabolomix+ report offers:
Nutrient recommendations for key vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, and digestive support
- Functional pillars with a built-in scoring system to guide therapy around needs for methylation support, toxic exposures, mitochondrial dysfunction, fatty acid imbalances, and oxidative stress
- Interpretation-At-A-Glance pages for patient education
- Dynamic biochemical pathway charts for clearer understanding
Which patients might benefit from functional nutritional testing?
Common clinical indications for testing include:
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Chronic Stress
Several diseases are associated with abnormal organic acid, amino acid, and fatty acid levels such as depression, anxiety, cardiovascular disease, neurocognitive decline, diabetes, cancer, anorexia, and many others.
Markers in the Metabolomix Profile
The Metabolomix+ Profile report categorizes results into several metabolic areas:
Organic Acids (urine)
• Malabsorption and Dysbiosis Markers are metabolites produced by the gastrointestinal microbiome
• Cellular Energy & Mitochondrial Markers are biomarkers of carbohydrate and fatty acid metabolism, and the citric acid (Kreb's) cycle
• Vitamin Markers are specific analytes used to assess functional levels of vitamin cofactors
• Neurotransmitter Metabolites are downstream byproducts of epinephrine, norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine
• Toxin & Detoxification Markers relate to certain toxic metabolites and the body's detoxification capacity
• NEW Oxalate Markers relate to kidney stone formation, oxidative stress and metabolic dysfunction
- Amino Acids (urine)
• Essential Amino Acids must be derived from dietary sources
• Nonessential Amino Acids are synthesized by the body
• Intermediary Metabolites are byproducts of amino acid metabolism
• Dietary Peptide Related Markers can indicate incomplete protein breakdown
- Oxidative Stress Markers (urine) include the oxidative damage markers lipid peroxides and 8-OHdG
- Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids - Bloodspot (if selected as add-on profile)
• Omega 3 Fatty Acids are essential for brain function and cardiovascular health and are anti-inflammatory
• Omega 6 Fatty Acids are involved in the balance of inflammation
• Omega 9 Fatty Acids are important for brain growth, nerve cell myelin, and reducing inflammation
• Saturated Fatty Acids are involved in lipoprotein metabolism and adipose tissue inflammation
• Monounsaturated Fats include omega 7 fats and unhealthy trans fats
• Delta-6 Desaturase Activity assesses efficiency of this enzyme to metabolize omega 6's and omega 3's
• Cardiovascular Risk includes specific ratios and the Omega 3 Index
- Nutrient and Toxic Elements - urine (if selected as add-on profile) assesses 20 toxic and 15 mineral elements
- Genomics (if one or more of the following SNPs are selected as add-ons)
• APO E (C112R + R158C)
• MTHFR Combined (A1298C + C677T)
• COMT (V158M)
Metabolomix + $485
|Get Your Kit (Metabolomix +)
|Get Your Kit (Metabolomix +)
• Bloodspot Essential &
• Toxic Element Clearance
• Comprehensive Urine
• SNP - APO E
• SNP - MTHFR Combined
• SNP - TNFA $35
• SNP - COMT (V158M) $35
*Test Price includes a 45-minute interpretation consult
What can you expect from Metabolomix testing?
Imbalanced or insufficient nutrients affect a wide range of body functions, producing symptoms that negatively affect the quality of life and with some chronic diseases, may be considered a root cause.
Identification and targeted treatment of underlying imbalance with customized nutrient recommendations can enhance other treatments and increase the patients’ overall health and ability to combat chronic illness.